Apple chips are a delicious and healthy snack option. They are low in calories, fat, and sugar but high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. This recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips in the Air Fryer is a quick and easy way to make crispy and crunchy apple chips with a touch of sweetness.
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips in the Air Fryer
- 2 medium-sized apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the sliced apples to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the lemon juice mixture.
- Lightly coat the basket of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the apple slices in a single layer in the basket, making sure they are not touching.
- Cook the apples in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the apple chips from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy as a healthy snack!
Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your apple slices and the model of your air fryer. Keep an eye on the apples and adjust the cooking time as needed.
- Make sure to slice the apples thinly and evenly for the best results
- Cook the apples in a single layer to ensure even cooking
- Keep an eye on the apples while they are cooking and adjust the cooking time as needed
- Experiment with different spices and sweeteners to vary the flavor of your apple chips.
- Serve apple chips as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee
- Add apple chips to a salad for extra crunch
- Use apple chips as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal
- Serve apple chips as a side dish with a main meal
Why this recipe is a nutritious snack
Apple chips are a great alternative to unhealthy, processed snacks. They are low in calories and fat but high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, making them a healthy snack option. The addition of cinnamon and sugar gives the chips a sweet, satisfying flavor while still being a nutritious choice.
Why an air fryer is a good choice for this recipe
The air fryer is an excellent choice for making apple chips because it requires less oil and results in a healthier snack. The chips come out crispy and delicious without the added fat and calories from deep-frying. The air fryer is also easy to use and clean, making it a convenient option for making this healthy snack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. Some popular options include Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, and Gala apples.
Can I make this recipe without an air fryer?
Yes, you can make this recipe in an oven. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and place the apple slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping the slices over halfway through cooking, until they are crispy and golden brown.
Can I use a different sweetener for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of sweetener that you prefer. Some options include maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown sugar.
Can I add other spices to this recipe?
Yes, you can add other spices to this recipe to vary the flavor. Some options include nutmeg, allspice, or cardamom.
Can I store the apple chips for later?
Yes, you can store the apple chips in an airtight container for up to a week. They may lose some of their crispiness over time, but they will still be delicious and healthy snack.